Why choose Telehealth?
Inner Strength Therapy's Telehealth solution allows you to schedule a therapy appointment directly online and have the entire session take place via video or phone through my secure HIPAA compliant electronic health records platform.
Is Telehealth Therapy the same as Online Counseling?
There are many terms being used today that mean essentially the same thing: the delivery of professional healthcare services where the client and therapist are not in the same location but rely on secure, confidential technology to communicate. Following are some of the terms you may have heard being used when referring to Telehealth Therapy:
- TeleMental Health
- Online Therapy
- Online Counseling
- Video-based Therapy
- Virtual Therapy
- Technology-assisted Psychotherapy
- Internet Therapy
- eMental Health
- Distance Counseling
- Video Psychotherapy
- Mobile Psychotherapy
- TeleMental Therapy
- Video Counseling
- Cyber Counseling
What are advantages of Telehealth?
Telehealth appointments can be very beneficial if you have any of the following concerns:
- Are you worried about sitting in an office with a therapist due to restrictions related to COVID-19?
- Do you need support of a therapist , but can’t make it to an in-person appointment?
- Are you a busy stay-at-home parent having a hard time finding a sitter for the kids?
- Are you a working parent and don’t have the time to drive across town for an appointment?
- Do you live in a more rural area where there might not be a therapist close to your work or home?
There are many advantages to telehealth therapy, including but not limited to:
- Reduces potential exposure to communicable diseases
- Sessions can take place in the comfort and privacy of your home, office, or even in your parked car
- Access to a wider choice of therapists who are licensed to practice in your state, not just in your city
- No commute time
- Increased confidentiality - no uncomfortable encounters in a waiting room with someone you know
- Increased access for differently-abled individuals
- Flexible evening and weekend appointments
- The ability to keep appointments if caring for a sick family member
- Studies have shown video-based therapy obtains the same results as in-person therapy
If you prefer to have a therapist physically present in the same room with you, online therapy may not be the best option for you. We are currently seeing clients IN-PERSON at our offices in Hyde Park , Downtown CIncinnati, Blue Ash and West Chester.
What do I need?
- A private place
- A computer, tablet or smart phone with reliable internet access
How do I begin online therapy?
- Schedule an appointment by clicking the button below
- Submit the paperwork online that will arrive in your email
- At the time of your appointment, simply click on the link provided in your email and I'll be there
We can meet either ONLINE via confidential video or IN-PERSON ... whichever is more convenient for you.
IN-PERSON appointments are available at our offices.
Click on the addresses below for directions to our offices. Let's do this together.